MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CLASSES
We have strict rules no late entry policy for safety reasons.
- Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the class starts.
- Wear comfortable clothing, expect lots of movements.
- Please remove your shoes before entering into the main yoga room and place them in designated area.
- Turn off your cell phone and place it in designated area. Selfies are allowed after class.
- Please settle down quietly after entering the studio. Be mindful of your surroundings.
- Go easy on perfume or cologne. This does not mean skip deodorant (-:
- Be on your mat before or at the start time of class.
- We have yoga mats available for rent and also for sale.
- Please clean up your area. If you use any props, put them back where you found them.
1) What do I need to bring with me to a class? A mat, towel and water. Don’t have a mat yet? we have one for you to rent.
2) What do I wear to a class? Just wear some comfortable loose fitting clothing that you can move easily in. The same clothes you might wear for workout at a gym will work perfectly.
3) I am new to yoga and fitness classes, what class should I take? You are welcome to participate in any class you’d like, but if you’ve never done yoga or have not been active in a while we recommend first trying one or two classes designated as "beginner friendly" in order to learn the postures and alignment.
4) What if I’m stiff or out of shape? Join the Club! So were we when we took our first class. Don’t worry about it. Accept where you are, and just get started. The hardest part is getting onto your mat for the first time. You don’t have to be super bendy to do this practice and we will help you build strength and flexibility at a pace that suits you.
5) How often should I practice yoga and fitness classes? There are no set rules for how often to practice, but it is important that you listen to your mind/body in terms of the type and amount of physical activity that is right for you. REMIX YOGA offers a variety of classes and level options to ensure that you have options to find a right fit for your goal and needs.
6) Is this heated yoga? No it is not.
7) Do you have showers and a place to keep my belongings? We do have a place to keep your belonging but no shower.
8) Should I eat before taking a class? Doing yoga or fitness activities on a full stomach is not a good idea, yet doing ant activities when you’re starving also something you may want to avoid. We suggested eating a light snack one hour before class or a meal 2-3 hours before class. This way your body is fueled but not overload on digestion. Also, make sure to drink a moderate amount of water throughout the 12 hours prior to class. We advise you to be well-hydrated both before and after class.
You will need a credit card or cash for some essentials. Everything you need is available at the studio. You can bring your own yoga mat, a towel, and water, but we also have these items for sale/to rent at our studios. Drink plenty of water beforehand to hydrate. And remember, Show up, be lighthearted, be open mind, be ready for anything and enjoy yourself!